Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

Two much time has gone by since I posted anything on our blog, but I do have some good excuses. Quite a bit has happened in 3 1/2 months since my last post. The biggest 'adventure' of our lives came to an end as we moved back to the US after 22 months of living in the Netherlands. We've moved back to Katy, TX and our new house is absolutely beautiful. We are just about settled now after spending 2 of our first 7 weeks back in the US out of town! The best thing about being back has got to be the weather. The sun shines (most days) and it has been unseasonably warm, even by Houston standards. It seems we've missed a VERY cold winter in Europe and lots of snow. While it it certainly hard to get in the Christmas mood when it is 80 degrees outside, it certainly is better than riding the girls to day care on our bikes on the ice!!

Kaeli and I got to go to the Nutcracker ballet. We had a great time getting dressed up and going to the matinee. It brought back wonderful memories of when my mom used to take me to the Nutcracker in Tulsa.

Avery is our energetic one. I think she gets all that energy by zapping out of me and Bryan. She is absolutely the most adorable, most challenging 2-year old I know. She's stubborn, but gives the best snuggles!

I am looking forward to a year at work where I am not constantly looking over my shoulder. I'm going to keep looking to the future and build upon the successes that I have had over the past 2-3 years. I must admit that it is quite amazing (and a little humbling) to be 'the expert' in a company as big as Shell.

It's time to start the new year off with a clean slate. Bryan has a new job, we are joining a new Sunday School class (we will miss our old friends, but Bryan is going to teach in the new class). The girls are in a new school (and they're loving it). We have a new outlook on our family and on our lives now. Watch out, friends, we are going to be inviting you over often! Goodbye 2010, hello 2011!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad y'all are back. You both are such sweet hearted people and love you both dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year birthday buddy!! I guess I have a lot to catch up on with reading your blog that I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT!!!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to be able to call you all friends. I'm so happy you are back and our families can 'grow up' together!

    ReplyDelete