Friday, October 9, 2009

Emotional Roller Coaster

This week has been very bizarre. I was completely stressed out for the past couple of weeks, leading up to two big presentations and three huge meetings on Tuesday & Wednesday of this week. Everything went very well and I was on quite an emotional high. It was topped off yesterday when there was an article in one of the Shell e-News letters that mentioned my work as one of the enablers for helping Shell Chemicals save $28MM. Then, my bubble was busted! Very long story, but let's just summarize it by saying there are people in this company who should've been fired years ago, and now that they've been told there's no place for them in the new Shell, they're trying to make as many lives as miserable as possible before they leave with a nice big lucrative package, and I'm on the list. So, today, I'm feeling better, but still need to decompress. Drinking my wine now!

Tomorrow is Kaeli's birthday party. I'm very relieved I decided not to do this at our home. So, Little Gym - The Hague it is! Hopefully, the cake lady hasn't forgotten us. I haven't had time to call her to confirm. Just need to get some snacks tomorrow and I should be ready. Kaeli helped me put together the goodie bags last Sunday. She was adorable! It was the highlight of my weekend.

Well, hopefully, I will find time to post pictures of the party tomorrow. It certainly won't be the Water Park party we had with Shay & Matthew last year, but it will be good enough. More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry :( Although we wish you were coming home, I'm happy you are doing so well in your career, your calling!! I canNOT believe Kaeli is about to be 4. I remember bringing y'all dinner when she was born! Love you guys to pieces and you better post pictures asap! :)

    ReplyDelete