Sunday, September 27, 2009

Supervising My Kids

I, Bryan, thought it would be a good idea to trust my children. They were playing sweetly together in the dining room, so I thought I would help Celesta clean the kitchen. Normally after dinner, one of us cleans while the other ensures Kaeli and Avery don't kill each other over a crayon (or piece of paper or flower...) On Thursday evening, the girls were playing together sweetly. Kaeli was helping Avery color and was being the most wonderful big sister. Besides, what trouble could they possibly find?

"Uh Oh!!" Kaeli's words, not mine. "Avery is about to make a mess!" In all her help, Kaeli was demonstrating to Avery the appropriate way to make handprints. That's right, handprints with paint! Kaeli had gotten out her watercolors, painted Avery's hands purple, and shown Avery how to make handprints on a piece of paper. The art was beautiful. However, Avery's hands were a mess and Kaeli had not considered this aspect of the operation. Hence her "Uh Oh!" For some reason Celesta blamed me for the purple water puddles in the dining room. Maybe it was for my supervision? So much for trusting my one- and three-year old.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Guys!

    I've missed the past few updates, but now I've read them all. We are still thinking of you all the time, and are praying for you guys. We hope you get to stay in the Netherlands as long as God's willing it for your family, but we also can't wait to have you back! :) Did you hear the Trulocks are moving back to Katy? :) I hope to 'see' you on yahoo again celesta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys crack me up! Miss you both. I think I need to go read your older posts. Love you

    ReplyDelete