Saturday, November 14, 2009

Back from Houston

I just got back from a whirlwind trip to Houston. Left NL Monday morning and was back Friday morning. Bryan had the girls to himself again for 3 nights. He's such a wonderful and rocktastic Daddy! I was able to get him a little help in the evenings, so he wasn't completely on his own, but it was still not easy. Kaeli was a tremendous help and a great big sister. Avery had a very runny nose all week and kept waking up in the middle of the night with a cough.

Most of the 2.5 days that I was in Houston was spent at work in meetings (great meetings that have made me increasingly indispensable). However, I did get to see a few friends. For those of you I didn't see, please don't take it personally, it was a true business trip with no time for fun. I did not fully understand how much I missed "home" until my plane began it's final descent into Houston. It got worse when I saw our friends and their kids. We've missed so much since we left in January. Sure, we've had some fantastic adventures, but what adventures have we missed by being half way around the world?!

Did I mention how wonderful and rocktastic my wonderful and rocktastic husband, "the wonderful and rocktastic" Bryan, really is? In short, he is wonderful and rocktastic. The long version is that he is really, really wonderful and rocktastic.

Obviously, my husband wrote the paragraph above. He really is wonderful, but I can't quite figure out what 'rocktastic' means, so I can't verify whether he is or is not rocktastic.

Well, I'm back in the Netherlands and it is cold and gloomy, but I'm here with my wonderful husband and fabulous little girls. We're getting ready for our next adventure, looking for warm places to visit! Let us know if you have any suggestions!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry I missed you. I really didn't feel well that night and I don't think I could leave the toilet. I love you and I miss you! I am sure I would have cried, so maybe it was better this way. I miss y'all and I want you to come home. I am sad y'all couldn't mae it to Hailee's party today. I have been thinking of y'all a lot as I found a picture of Hailee and Kaeli at her 2nd birthday. I want to see you when you come back... maybe we can do dinner :o). Oh and a warm place to go see and get warm at... Tortola, BVI!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm so glad I got to see you, and sad that it made you sad. I miss you guys so much, I can't wait for you to come back. Not if, but when!

    ReplyDelete