Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sermon on the Mount

In 30+ years of attending church, I have never heard a sermon like the one we heard this morning at our new church in the Hague.  Don't get me wrong, I miss Alex's preaching ALOT (the podcasts help, but it's just not the same), but this was amazing.  He preached the Sermon on the Mount.  No, that's not a typo, he didn't preach about the Sermon on the Mount, he actually preached THE SERMON... by memory... in its entirety (sp?).  It was unlike anything I've ever listened to before.  

I was riveted, I hung on every word, I was moved by the simplest of phrases that have for years only been memory verses.  It was the first time that I felt like I experienced a glimpse of what it must have been like to hear Jesus preach in person.  

If you've got 30 minutes of uninterrupted time (I know this is a luxury for most of you), I would highly recommend going to the church's website and listening to this (click here).  [I'm not sure why the sermon is called "The Singer", just ignore that.]  I promise it will be well worth the 30 minutes.  You could even use it as your quiet time because you will be listening to the WORD of God!  I know that it won't have the same impact as being there, but listening should be one step above reading.  I hope you are blessed 1/2 as much as I was this morning!

I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to listen soon, and I love the new blog design!! The picture at the top is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete